Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Abstract art page design

I'm secretly trying to get as much yellow as possible into our newspaper. And I had so much fun with this page, because I got to make a mess! Well, at least in the computer.... I wanted to find a way to make art approachable and give kids a way to create something that makes art where there are no right or wrong answers and lots of scribbling outside of the lines. I hope some of our readers actually use this exercise. While doing some research to put this page together I stumbled across an AWESOME site: JacksonPollock.org   Check it out. When you call up the site you'll have a blank canvas before you and with each click of your mouse the "paint" changes color. Depending on how you move your mouse the "paint" will drip accordingly. Have fun!

No comments: